posted on September 12, 2011 16:26
Last Night's Dinner/ today's Lunch
40minutes to make. 10-12 serves. 142 calories per serve. For lunch add a toasted pita.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 large red onion, chopped
3 Orange kumara, diced
1 large carrot, cut in half lengthways then sliced across
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
400g bag Pams thaw and serve frozen shrimps
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 Continental vegetable 'stock pot'
400g tin Craigs chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon of Gourmet herbs coriander (in a tube)
3 tablespoons of Natural peanut butter- I used chantal crunchy from Pak n Save
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
Heat the soy sauce with 1 cup of water in a large sauce pan. Add the onion and kumara.. Cook for 5 minutes on high.
2. Add the carrot,celery and capsicum. Cover and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add the frozen shrimpsand cook for about 5minutes (until they go white).
4. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste and a cup of hot water from the kettle.
5. Add the chick peas and coriander. Add the stock and another cup of boiled water.
6. Put the peanut butter in a bowl and stir in 1/3 cup of hot water then blend in the curry
powder. Add to the soup.
7. Stir well to mix it in. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
One cup equals one serve.